Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Faves

Maybe I owe you some sort of explanation as to why I write about five things every Friday. Sometimes it is not easy to focus on the good moments and by the end of the week, I am always so stressed. I take 5 minutes to remember all the good things that happened this week and it makes me feel better in time to enjoy the weekend! This week was a really good week. All sorts of good things happening all at once!

1. Homecoming
I had a blast on Saturday with all the homecoming festivities. First, we went to the sorority house for the Alumnae BBQ that included hot dogs grilled by Joe, family pics, and a candle pass! Then we headed over the the Yellow Jacket Inn, or the YJ to sorority girls, and enjoyed some tasty pink drinks, which are like Long Island Ice Tea except with pink lemonade. So tasty! Then we headed on over to campus to enjoy some tailgating. Finally, we rounded out the day with Taco Bell and Cold Stone. What a great day!

2. Sunday Funday
We had a Sunday Funday at Schwallier's Country Basket where we got to go through a corn maze, pick fresh raspberries and pumpkins, pet a goat, and eat hot fresh doughnuts! It was so much fun! Don't worry, we ate doughnuts before we pet the goat. You know, cleanliness and whatever.

3. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Joe and I made homemade chicken noodle soup this week and I am obsessed! We made it with amish noodles and it was fantastic. This will be happening a lot this winter. It is so nice and cozy! I'll be posting my recipe later next week.

4. New Job
I finally got a new job! I am so excited. The best part is the job only a seasonal position for now. I think having a possible light at the end of the tunnel will really help with my stress level. And the whole not working with food thing is a huge perk! So if they do ask me to stay on after the holidays, I'm hoping that will be a better fit with my life. Anyways, I am excited about the possibilities.

5. Big/Little Reveal
Today is the day! We are adding two new babies to the Rose family! I am so so so excited to have the two grand babies join us in our ridiculousness. I know my littles are worried that their littles won't love them but I know both grand babies will be so happy to join our family. Tonight is going to be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment