Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fall TV Shows

I am so excited for fall. And that's partly because all the shows I love will be back with new seasons! I don't have a lot of time for TV and I work during prime time but here's what I'll be keeping up with this fall via Hulu and Joe. They aren't ranked because they are all so awesome.

The Big Bang Theory - September 27
I am so excited for the return of the nerd herd despite the slightly less dramatic cliffhanger season 5 finale. While it was less dramatic, it made up for it with like a dozen "AWWW" moments! Anyways, I really hope season 6 sees the addition of Bernadette and Amy to the opening credits. They are part of the regular cast but I still struggled to find a picture like this with the new leading ladies. Don't get me wrong, I have a giant tier 1 girl crush on Penny. I just love Amy and Bernadette too. And they should get some recognition considering it's been confirmed that Stuart will be promoted from a recurring guest to series regular. I am most looking forward to the progression of Penny's character as the creators have confirmed they have put an emphasis on growing her and progressing certain aspects of her life beyond her love life!

2. Community - October 19
I am insanely nervous for Community's return. With the creator, two producers, and two writers leaving the show, I'm not really sure what direction the show is going to go in. To be honest, this season could be absolutely terrible. Especially considering some of the slightly too crazy plot lines of season three.  Only time will tell...

3. Doctor Who - September 1
Finally! I feel like I've been waiting forever for some new Doctor Who but really it's been 8 months. I am so looking forward to some Dalek shenanigans and to see Moffat's brilliant mind at work once again. Will the Ponds die in some epic nonsense? If they do, I hope the Doctor takes them to the library to be uploaded with their daughter. If not, I hope we find out their lives don't go back to being slow, boring, and all in the right order. I expect their exit to be nothing less than epic. 

4. Grey's Anatomy - September 27
I sighed a huge sigh of relief when I read that Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson, and James Pickens Jr. have all signed contracts for the next two seasons. With Eric Dane and Chyler Leigh leaving, it will be nice to know that the season premier won't kill off any  the last 6 original cast members. That being said, I don't think I'll be too sad if Arizona Robbins dies. Sure, it will be sad for her wife and baby. But I don't think Arizona is a particularly great character. I think she's sorta in there because they thought of all these great little dramas between her and Callie.

5. How I Met Your Mother - September 24
I'm going into this season of HIMYM holding my breath. This could be our last year with the gang! I can't decide if it would be worse if this was their last season or next year will be their last season. But anyways, I am so excited to see some fun with Marvin Wait-For-It Erikson! And I am looking forward to seeing how Barney gets from proposing to Quinn and marrying Robin. Should be a great year for the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment