Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What To Wear.... The Amusement Park

Is there anything better than a day at an amusement park? I don't think so. I've been lucky enough to go to Cedar Point in Ohio twice this summer. The first time I went, the heat index was over 100 degrees. I spent a lot of time strategizing for the second round of coasters. So I've compiled my best tips for how to get the most out of your days at the amusement parks. These tips are to maximize your time on the coasters and not have to worry about what to do with your gear.


First of all, you have to get the attire right. If you don't, you will suffer greatly. I've been to Cedar Point at least once a summer for all of my 21 years and I have mastered the proper outfit. To start off with, you need a great foundation. I didn't put it in my picture and I'm not sure this needs to be said but skip the frilly panties in favor of something cotton. You will thank me later. Go with some cotton socks as well. And the most important part: a sports bra will set you free. I cannot tell you how uncomfortable a regular bra is in 100 degree heat. A sports bra is key. A loose cotton tank top is perfect. Anything ribbed or tight-fitting will get uncomfortable as you sweat. (I made my own tank for our last trip. Tutorial to follow.) Don't go with regular athletic shorts on this one. Old Navy's perfect khaki shorts really are perfect. If you want to go without a purse or backpack, you need the pockets and belt loops. The Vera Bradley ID holder is perfect if you're going without a bag. It has a key ring and holds a couple of cards and bills. It also fits in a pocket. Combine that with a carabineer and you can ride without worrying about  losing your stuff. I also got a Vapur bottle which was a life saver. We filled them up between rides and just clipped them to our belt loops for the rides. I realized afterwards you could get a little sunscreen bottle with a carabineer so you wouldn't ever have to go out to the car if you didn't want to. Lastly, get yourself some decent athletic shoes. Your feet are going to hurt. Flip flops aren't going to help. 

If you're going to do an amusement park in this last month of summer, at least do yourself a favor and dress appropriately. Dressing just like this, I think this last trip was my first where I never thought about what I was wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment