Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Top 5 Movies of 2012

There were a lot of great movies in 2012. It was almost too difficult to choose my top 5 but I did. There are still 5 more movies I'd like to see this year but if they are as good as these, my list would be impossible to make anyways. So here are my top 5 picks for 2012.

5. Skyfall
I have never actually seen any other James Bond movies all the way through but I loved Skyfall. I think the best part of this movie was there was never a moment where I felt like it was dragging on. The action was great and the villain was genuinely creepy. Bond was the right amount of sexy without being weird. I definitely plan on buying this one.

4. The Hunger Games
I don't have problems with books being made with movies. I know a lot of fans do but I can usually separate it pretty well in my head. I've never read the Hunger Games but I think the great part of this movie is that I loved it so much, I actually wanted to go back and read the books. It told enough of the story that anyone who read the books could follow without seeming like it was made for idiots. This movie also started my major girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I can't wait for the next movie and I am looking forward to reading the books.

3. Moonrise Kingdom
If you have not seen this movie, do it right now! It is absolutely fantastic. The acting is amazing and the story is amazing! I have never seen anything quite like this movie. It's funny and sweet. I can't wait to own this one and watch it over and over. Wes Anderson is a really great director and it really added to the humor. It's already won 11 awards and I'm looking forward to see how it does for the rest of the award season.

2. Argo
If you don't know me, I'm a big fan of historical pieces. This movie is based on a true story and from the research I've done, it does a really great job of sticking to the true story. I really like Ben Affleck's performance as well as his directing. I also love Alan Arkin and John Goodman. The story is suspenseful and interesting.

1. Silver Linings Playbook
Holy crap this movie is in my top 5 favorite of all time! Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are amazing! The story is funny and sad and interesting and I loved every bit of this movie. Joe said the ending was predictable but it's a romantic comedy so of course it was little predictable. What made it better was I was never sure how we would get to that ending. Pat seems like he will never get over his ex-wife and you don't know how he is going to handle things with Tiffany. It's obvious she loves him but he hides his feelings so well. I will definitely be buying this one as soon as it's out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment