Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Writings

I introduce to you a new weekly post here at Fondue You Love Me? called Wednesday Writings. Joe will be giving me two prompts each week from the book 642 Things to Write About from the San Francisco Writers' Grotto and I will be choosing one to write for and post here every Wednesday. I'm not sure how  much I like this so far as I am fairly private when it comes to creative writing but we will give this a shot. I hope you enjoy this change of pace from the recipes and activities and I welcome constructive criticism. Sort of.

Your Favorite Hiding Place

There is a shadowy dwelling where I hide from the world. I escape all my problems and I find complete solace in its quiet embrace. It welcomes me back like an old friend. I happily crawl into its open arms and lay there in a state you can’t possibly recreate in any other moment. That place between awake and asleep is unmatched. It waits quietly all day and when I am awake, I yearn to return to the silent comfort of half-asleep meditation. Those moments are the furthest you can get from any suffering. Sometimes the trip there is treacherous. Sometimes the trip there is painful. I don’t think it was ever meant to be found in a blissful state. I think it only opens its doors when you really need a place to take cover from a demon. It means to be concealment for the lost. It is the island of misfit toys. There is nothing happy about it but it isn’t sad either. It is a cozy cave that takes you in after the long hard moments of loneliness and turmoil. It’s like a drug that melts away fears and anxieties. It is my chosen escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment