Monday, September 10, 2012

Crock Pot Chili

I meant to put this on my fall bucket list but I forgot. Anyways, Joe and I have been talking about making chili for a while so it was a nice way to kick off autumn. We made a small change because Joe and I don't care for large pieces of cooked tomatoes. It turned out really delicious. I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers and we are for sure making this again soon. Joe and I are a little obsessed with crock pots and hopefully, I'll have some beef stew to show off soon.



Crock Pot Chili (Adapted from this book)

  • 2lbs Ground Hamburger
  • 1/2 Large Onion, Chopped
  • 2 16-oz Cans Kidney Beans, Drained
  • 2 14-oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 8-oz. Can Tomato Sauce
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp. Cumin
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Pepper
  1. Brown the hamburger with half of the chopped onion.
  2. Blend the diced tomatoes in a blender.
  3. Add all the ingredients to the crock pot.
  4. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
  5. Serve with warm corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment