Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recruitment Survival Kit

My youngest little spent a lot of time freaking out about recruitment. I had never seen her so nervous. The funny thing is if you didn't know her, you wouldn't know she was so nervous. But she was asking me a lot of questions and especially if I would be there for the whole weekend at our family dinner. At the workshop, she was quiet and observant. I knew if Emily gets serious, she's processing everything and taking mental notes. I didn't name Emily "Hermione" for nothing. She needs to know all about something and I think going into a  new situation where she's inexperienced would be concerning for her. So I felt like I had to do something to take her focus on all the pressure we put on preforming well in formal recruitment. I created this little recruitment survival kit to help her feel more comfortable with the situation. I tried to think back on everything I wish I had had my first recruitment weekend. I think I did a pretty good job...


  • Candy
  • Snacks
  • Mints
  • Pens
  • Band-Aids
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Ibuprofen
  • Bottled Water (not pictured)
Other suggestions: pack of notecards, comb/brush, mirror, mini deodorant, Tide-To-Go pen, nail file, Red Bull

I am really proud of this little project. I hope it brings my little some confidence so she can go into recruitment focused on just having fun and not worrying too much about the little stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment