Monday, June 3, 2013

Sample Stash

So here we are. One month into our Sample Stash project. Did you find any favorites? I did! First up, the reviews.


Bath & Body Works 24K Silk Lotion in Japanese Cherry Blossom: I got this while I was working at B&BW. As you can see, it is a lab sample. I haven't quite used up the sample but I will in the next week or two. It has a gold shimmer that is subtle. I have been using it on my legs before I go to work because I've been wearing a lot of skirts and dresses lately. 
PROS: It's more of a gel than a cream which is really nice for application.
CONS: It does not smell like the Japanese cherry blossom I remember. It smells like a gross guy cologne. The gold builds up on your hands, like a lot. You have to wash your hands afterwards.
VERDICT: This one isn't going on my wish list. Sorry B&BW. I just don't think the shimmer is worth it.
Check out this product here.

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner: I have psoriasis on my scalp so I was excited to try this one. I got three washes out of these samples so I feel like I got a good feel for the product. Just for reference, I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for the last 4 years.
PROS: The smell is amazing. I could smell the shampoo and conditioner in my hair even the next day. I really have been having bad patches and this cleared them up. I was really impressed. 
CONS: I don't really have anything negative to say about this.
VERDICT: Yes. Yes. Yes. I will be buying this one as soon as I run out of shampoo. It is great!
Check out this product here.

bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer for Combination Skin: I have been using Neutrogena moisturizer for years and I've heard good things about bareMinerals. 
PROS: The smell was nice. The texture was fine.
CONS: For $28, it was not much different than my usual moisturizer. It worked fine but there was nothing amazing about it.
VERDICT: Sorry. For $28, no thank you.
Check out this product here.

Now onto this month's products to test. As of right now, I have like 7 sets of samples to test so plan on seeing this a lot.

Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professonal Effects, Crest 3D White Vivid Toothpaste, Matrix Design Pulse Beach Clay Strong Destructing Mud, DDF Advanced Firming Cream

Link up yours so I can find more wish list stuff, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment