Tuesday, March 26, 2013

French Toast Dumplings

Breakfast food and I are good friends. IHop knows me too well. And above all else, french toast and I share a special bond. I just love french toast. It is so yummy. So when I ran across french toast dumplings, I told Joe they had to happen. So I do have to give you some tips because the recipe was not easy as it looks. Here is are the finished dumplings.

Don't they look yummy?

This batch was super mushy. Lesson learned: less than a minute on each side.

The only word I have for this batch is goo. They disintegrated as I pulled them out. Use a bigger pan and don't over crowd it.

Perfect! Cooked for a minute on each side. I also had a lot of space around each dumpling when I dropped them in.

My biggest tips for success: Big pot and work in batches, no more than a minute and a half on each side, keep your heat very low, and let them sit for a few minutes once you coat them in cinnamon sugar. It really makes a difference in the texture. But even the mushy batch was tasty. Maybe just because of the relationship I have french toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment