Tuesday, March 12, 2013

South Western Egg Rolls

Do you know what my favorite single ingredient is? Black beans. I am obsessed. I feel like I say that a lot. But it's true. I love me some black beans. I've been contemplating asking the lovely folks at Q'Doba to skip the meat and double the beans. But I feel like they might be confused why some crazy person wants a tortilla with beans and rice. So I haven't tried it... yet. Anyways, I was looking for some tasty black bean recipes and I found this. I just love that these egg rolls are baked. They are full of yummy healthy food. I found the same recipe copied somewhere else cited as "Weight Watcher" egg rolls. Apparently that means they are good for you. I don't believe in Weight Watchers but they are full of veggies and good-for-you stuff. So I'm seriously considering making a double batch and trying to freeze some. The best part about these little yummys are they reheat marvelously in a 300 degree toaster oven for 5-8 minutes. My new favorite snack/quick dinner? I think so. You can find the recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment