Sunday, March 17, 2013

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

What makes the novelty Reese's so yummy? I think it's the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Except at a dollar a pop, they are less than satisfying. So I tried making some myself. The results were super yummy. Not exactly the same but none the less, super tasty. I thought they were pretty rich but Joe thought they were just right. I think next time I might add some more peanut butter and thin my chocolate out a little more but otherwise they were are an extremely tasty treat. If you want a thinner chocolate, go for a double boiler and some wax from the baking aisle instead of shortening or a little more shortening. That might give it a little thinner coat of chocolate. They taste like a big buckeye if you've ever had one of those. Plus they are super cute for Easter. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment