Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Faves

Oh what a wonderful week it has been. I wish I had a time machine and could go back and sprinkle this awesomeness all throughout those hard weeks I endured this semester. I just keep reminding myself the rough ride is over. Now I just have to go hard at everything that means something to me. This whole new attitude journey I began still hasn't come close to reaching the end but I try hard and it's fabulous weeks like these that help me.

1. Kate's Graduation Dinner
GVSU had graduation on Saturday and one of my very best friends walked and had dinner at Rockwell's Republic to celebrate. We drank amazing wine, took a million pictures, and had an all around fabulous evening. I had the salad of all salads. If you ever go there, get the pecan brie salad. It will change your life. The whole evening was so Kate: dresses, drinks, live music floating in from the bar, and the first amazing day after a week of flooding. I will miss her as she goes on to do grown up things but I am so completely proud of her and so honored I got to celebrate with her.

2. Time at Home
I spent Sunday and Monday at home with my family. Liam and I got play time, I went shopping with Jessica, and I grilled out with Padre. It was completely relaxing and totally what I needed after the hell semester. We even took Liam to see his great grandpa and he enjoyed running from the front door to the back door. He is a sweetie pie even if he did yell no at me over and over while kicking me to protest putting on his shoes. The toddler years don't last forever but I think that face makes up for the tantrum.

3. Fun Day with Joe
I spent Tuesday having a blast with my best friend. We played mini golf and despite my two hole-in-ones, I lost but a great time was still had and that will definitely happen again soon. We also fed some ducks and acted like ducks in the park. Sometimes, I don't understand why people let us out in public together. We topped off the day with some grilled shrimp and Iron Man. Exactly like summer should be.

4. Fro Yo with Shelby
Shelby and I explored Rosa Parks Circle in down town Grand Rapids and got frozen yogurt. I absolutely love Shelby because she is so different from everyone you've ever met. She likes what she likes and she is honest and she is funny. And Sweet Yo's is so good. I had mango fro yo with pecans, coconut, blackberries, and raspberries. Yum!

5. New Job!
I started at Family Video this week! I am so excited! It's a great place to work and I am looking forward to this new part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment