Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Writings

Another Dream Cast! I have never actually read this book but I would love to and I have seen the movies. So here's my next dream cast.

Dream Cast "Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery


Anne Shirley:
Anne is an orphan, adopted by Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. She is smart, witty, passionate, stubborn, and loyal. She struggles to learn the rules of society that her peers have grown up understanding. Okay, so in all of my Dream Casts, I've seen the actor in something. This is the first one that I've not seen in something but I think she has the right look. Deborah Ann Woll has such a young, fiery look. 


Marilla Cuthbert:
The unmarried woman who raises Anne. She is Matthew's sister and is morally and emotionally severe. She is described as being all angles and straight lines. She has a very wry sense of humor and a loving heart. I think Judi Dench could play a very stern, moral grandmother figure. My second choice was Meryl Streep but let's be honest, I could cast Meryl Streep as a rock and would be the best damn rock you've ever seen. Judi Dench is just so pretty and I think the best part of Marilla is that mystery of why she is unmarried.


Matthew Cuthbert:
The 60 year old, unmarried brother of Marilla. Matthew is incredibly shy but instantly loves Anne. Anne comes to Matthew as her kindred spirit and confidant. Hear me out, okay. Tommy Lee Jones does amazing work. He could totally play the quiet farmer. With the right make up, he would definitely look the part.


Diana Barry:
Anne's bosom friend is agreeable, but lacks Anne's intelligence. She is sweet and was raised in this highly religious, moral society so she sometimes doesn't get Anne but loves her anyways. Claire Holt is a little too blonde but I think she has that really sweet face to pull off Diana. With the right make up, I think she could really work as the sweetheart.


Gilbert Blythe:
Anne's handsome, smart rival. By the end of the book, they are affectionate friends and by the end of the series they are married so he has to be able to play that affectionate rivalry. By far the easiest person to cast, Andrew Garfield is sweet and boyish and we know he can do smart from his role in The Social Network. Plus he's easy on the eyes.





Bah this one was hard! But really fun! I think I'll do these for a couple more Wednesday Writings. 

1 comment:

  1. Deborah Ann Woll plays a baby vampire in True Blood! She does have this fiery I'll go my own way spirit to her. How have you not watched True Blood yet?!

    ReplyDelete