Monday, November 5, 2012

Influenster Beauty Blogger: New York Color Individual Eyes Custom Compact in Dark Shadows 0156-08

Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.


I'm going to provide my own little disclaimer that I don't read a lot of make up reviews so I'm going to write exactly like how I normally do. If you read a lot of make up reviews and are expecting me to comment like an expert, step away from the computer. This is my take on make up from the point of view of someone who doesn't wear a lot of make up and all I know is what I like.
OK, now that we got that out of the way, this palate has a few pros and a few cons. Let's take about the positives first. The colors in this palate are really vibrant. They don't go on translucent at all and I really love that, especially with the lighter shades. Another nice thing about the palate is that is has 4 colors instead of 3 so you can go with the lighter 3 or the darker 3 or all 4 depending on your mood. There are two cons to this product. The texture is a little strange. I don't know if it was my brush or what but it was a little clumpy. The other thing is the first time I tried this I used my own eye shadow primer from Urban Decay and it still didn't stay on my eye for long. The base it came with seemed to do better but still not as great as other shadows I know. If you're going to follow the picture on the back and apply the shadows as they recommend, I discovered that they are a little difficult to blend with a regular shadow brush so I used a medium sized blush brush. Overall, I'm really excited to play with this more.




Check out NYColor's website to see all of their products!
To see all of my Influenster Beauty Blogger Vox Box product reviews, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment