Thursday, November 29, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

Last year, for Thanksgiving, I was requested to bring green bean casserole. I don't even like green bean casserole. It's slimy and it features my two least favorite flavors: mushrooms and onions. Yuck. And the worst part is my green bean casserole was criticized harshly. And all I wanted to scream at people was, "If you like this outdated dish so much, you should have made it yourself!" It's like asking the vegetarian to bring the turkey. Who does that? This year, I told everyone I would make green beans but they would not be in casserole form. Because, really it's already a calorie-loaded day. Is there really something so wrong with fresh veggies? I don't think so. So I made Parmesan roasted green beans. Is there anything easier than roasting veggies and tossing with cheese? If there is, it's probably disgusting like green beans smothered in soup and "onions". Just saying. The green beans were perfectly cooked and had a lot of flavor! I love blanched green beans but I'll be roasting them a lot. They were quick and there was no guessing if they were done. This recipe is courtesy of skinnytaste.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment