Monday, November 19, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Pie Scones


There was a call for healthy fall dishes for a sorority event this month. I spent a lot of time looking for something but not surprisingly, dishes that are both healthy and dessert-y are hard to find. I finally stumbled onto this Starbucks knock off recipe. I figured it looked easy enough that it wouldn't take a ton of extra effort to double the recipe to make 48 scones. I'm really impressed with how they turned out! I didn't do the spiced glaze because I was feeling lazy but they were still really good. My one tip is get yourself a rolling pin. It was hard to make them even without it. Oh and a ruler. It will make cutting triangles easier. Unless you aren't OCD like me and then it doesn't matter. But if you want them all to be the same size, a ruler will make all the difference. You can find the original recipe from Bespangled Jewelry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment