Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Berry Oreo Balls

I was so excited when I started this journey. I was inspired by a really common sorority treat that involves crushing a package of Oreos and mixing it with a block of cream cheese and topping it with chocolate. And I was like, "Hey, you know what would make this a special Valentine's day treat? Using the berry ice cream flavored Oreos!" And then it of course was not that easy. It took me approximately a million years to crush the Oreos. And in case you've never attempted to melt white chocolate chips, it's really hard. I burned three attempts at it. The last attempt melted them but it was not pretty. In short, these Oreo balls were supposed to be a beautiful Valentine's day treat and instead they are not so pretty. But they are incredibly tasty. The berry flavor is really yummy and I'm sure you could find an easier way to make these than my epic fail journey. To make your own Oreo balls, just crush a package of Oreos and mix it with an 8 oz. package of cream cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment