Monday, February 4, 2013

Sorority Paddles

It took me a long time to learn the tricks to making a cool paddle. If you're not creative, it's hard to know what you're doing. I just finished Emily's "Tacky Christmas" Themed Paddle and I thought I'd give you a couple of tips for making a great paddle.



  • Always make a plan before you start. There is nothing worse than getting started and realizing there was a way cooler way to do something.
  • When you're painting, be a perfectionist. Nothing ruins the look a paddle more than smudges and lines that aren't quite straight.
  • Details matter. Just because you're going simple doesn't mean you can't make every detail perfect. With the tacky sweater pattern, I painted a little "v" texture into the shapes so that it had that sweater look.
  • Clear coat. It really is necessary. It makes the paddle look so finished and polished.
  • If you're gonna go big, go big. Those Christmas lights light up and I searched everywhere for that mini garland.
Did you make a cool paddle? Send me a pic or a link because I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment