Monday, February 11, 2013

Creamy Rice Pudding

The Scene: It's -4 with the windchill out. We've been getting snow for two days. The roommates have gone out and I've decided not to risk my life driving to my 6-9 history class. I know I should be upstairs getting some reading done or maybe a draft done for the next paper I have due but I want something to eat plus I've been fighting off a headache all day. I miss days like this at home. Laying on the couch with the dog. Having Dad to make dinner and watching the news in a house where I don't pay the heating bill.

This recipe is so freaking good. I absolutely love the rice pudding. Dad used to make this for me and Jessica all the time. It's creamy and warm. The flavor is like warm vanilla ice cream over rice. So so yummy. I just love this stuff. And a whole batch to myself means snacks all the time. I've even been known to eat it for breakfast. It's just a nice warm way to wake up in the morning. The recipe we use comes from da internets. The only tip I have for you is to follow the instructions exactly. It may seem like it will never get thick and creamy but it will. Also, stir stir stir. It will never come together if you don't stir. I hope you enjoy this big batch of love.


1 comment:

  1. I have tried to make this a couple times by myself and always screw it up! I should just call dad and have him make it for me!

    ReplyDelete