Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wonton Soup

My 20th birthday was my first birthday with Joe. He took me to the restaurant that would ruin my life. Hunan Gardens in Kalamazoo has the most amazing fried pork dumpling appetizer in the world. It is so good that I get this craving and nothing will satisfy it until I have some dumplings in front of me. Ever since then, I have loved pork filled dumpling anythings. Like the Chinese buffet down the street from my house? They have pretty great pork dumplings too. Almost as good as Hunan Gardens. And you can get super expensive frozen dumplings from the store that are pretty close too. And this wonton soup. Yummy pork filled dumplings in a chicken broth with bok choy. It was so freaking good! Not the same but it was comparing apples and oranges. These dumplings have a delicate wrapper and a nice ginger-y lightly seasoned pork filling. I realized I love this soup so much because the dumplings are so much better than all the little bits floating in the broth. You can find the recipe from Spoonful.com here. This will definitely be happening again as Joe and I both really enjoyed this recipe!

Joe making the magic!


Oh and happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment