Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Faves

Friday again?! Time really does fly. Not that this week has been super fun. Just a lot of studying as usual but you know. Eventually Friday comes and you can't believe you made it through another seven days of studying...

1. History
History and I are in love right now. We are in that honeymoon stage. You know, where I rape everyone with my vast history knowledge? Yeah. I killed Uriah in a cheesecake versus cheesepie argument. I gave Margie a lesson on Animal Farm. I got an A- on my German History paper and a B+ on my Colonial American History paper. I taught the chapter how the colonists died. (Eat your bean with rice or pasta or you'll die like the colonists too.) The picture above is from my German History class. My professor has a large collection of German Marks printed during WWI that are worth more now than they were back in the day. You can't use them any more since Germany adopted a new currency after WWII and now they have the euro but you can buy WWI German Marks for like 50 cents in Germany or on Ebay. They were so incredibly cool. This note is for 100,000 Marks and you would need a huge bundle to buy even a loaf of bread during WWI. History raped.

2. Kate and Sabrina
Kate, Sabrina and I have been having a blast together this week. We started off by going to the piano bar in downtown Grand Rapids, Mojo's. We danced and had a blast. Kate and I laughed hysterically as guys danced with Sabrina without even asking her. She was such a trooper. She would dance for the whole song, turn around and thank them and then walk away. Sometimes they would take the hint and sometimes they would come back for round two of rejection but either way, we had fun. Then last night we went to Peppino's to do a little more dancing. We didn't spend quite as much time there because as is typical for a Thursday night in a college town, it was absolutely packed. That and Pep's is notorious for their terrible service and it took us forever to get anything so we didn't want to spend the whole night waiting for water or menus or drinks or our food or a straw because the waitress forgot it the last two trips she made it to our table.

3. Fancy Hair and Make Up
My sister has created a monster. I used to impress people with my ability to get out the door in 30 minutes no problem. Now I spend at least that blow drying and straightening my hair. Then if I'm going to do a bump or something of that nature, we now are up to 25 minutes. My face doesn't take forever because I'm fairly loyal to the products I love and eventually I'll do a post so Jessica can see how my routine has changed but between showering and dressing and hair and make up, I take a good hour to get ready. But now it feels weird to leave the house when I do not look exactly like the above. Not being fantastic looking every day means I'm going to run into someone who is important enough to deserve fantastic me. So now I wake up an hour early just to look like this. I feel rather silly.

4. Studying at Panera
I have found a new love for studying at Panera. Their food is a little expensive but their menu includes calorie counts and their food is as close to homemade as you can get in this type of restaurant. This Thursday I enjoyed a strawberries & cream scone and some ginger peach tea. The scone is much bigger than the picture gives it credit for. I don't have a big appetite anymore so this was a whole meal for me but I'm sure it would make a fine snack too. The best part is the Panera team is just so nice. They refilled my mug with hot water when it got cold without charging me and had no problem when I asked for an extra tea bag. They don't bother me while I'm studying. It's busy without being distracting and they play pretty generic music so it's the right noise level for me to get stuff done when I don't want to go to campus or stay home. And I totally recommend their broccoli cheddar soup!

5. Sisterhood Bonding
I had an absolutely fantastic time with these lovely ladies as we acted ridiculous and showed our Educational Consultant, Justina, just how crazy the Gamma Xi chapter gets. Someone's face is missing from this photo because I'm fairly certain we had seven people in that pile, not six. But anyways, our Friday night bonding session included Margie's stalker-ish Mitchell Musso story, yelling about whether or not Happy Feet 2 is just Happy Feet 1 backwards and hearing Justina's stories about the haunted chapter house at Central. It was a blast and I wouldn't trade moments like these for the world.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog :)
    Check out my blog at http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete