Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fabric Covered Cork Boards

I have a problem. I love pictures so much that if I'm not careful, they will take over my room. I just love seeing the things that make me happy every day. And for the last 18 months, that has been my nephew. So obviously, I need pictures of him from every age all over my walls at all times. Well not all over. My OCD does apply to my walls so one wall is AST stuff, one wall is for my family and friends, and one has art I picked out from the arts & crafts festival in East Lansing. But anyways, the wall over my desk felt like it was missing something and I acquired some small square cork boards when we cleaned out the chapter room.  I didn't like the brown color so I decided to cover them with some leftover fabric from my stash. This project cost me NOTHING! Yay! So here's how they came together...

Seriously. Just cork boards, fabric, scissors, and a stapler. You might want some push pins to hold the fabric in place while you're folding and stapling it into place.

See my little push pins? So helpful when you're making sure the pattern stays the where you want it. Also, ironing it first and then adding creases as you go might help. That just sounded like a lot of work and I didn't want to drag my iron out.

Add some ribbons to the back if you like that look. I attached them with a little fabric glue and a couple of staples. I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't fall off my wall.

Aww they're cute! The green and black fabric is leftover from Grace and my failed attempt to make letters when she first joined. I really like that I get to look at it everyday and be reminded of those memories.The other fabric is just something I accumulated when my big graduated.

Now I realize the black frame isn't straight. I straightened it out before I took the picture but I'm pretty sure it hates me because it does that every time I straighten it. Also I just noticed one of the pics I put on my new cork board is also framed so I'll print something new to put up there. Oh well.

What do you think?! So cute right? Do you have any projects that you made from just stuff you had? It's the best when something like this comes together with no extra investments.

No comments:

Post a Comment